Frequently Asked Questions
BEFORE I APPLY
PERFORMANCE & ADJUDICATION
PARK & TICKET INFORMATION
HOTEL, TOUR & TRAVEL
BEFORE I APPLY:
- Is there an application fee to sign up for a festival?
- No, there is no separate Application Fee. There is, however, a non-refundable deposit required in order to process
your Registration but the deposit will be credited to your final balance.
- How accurate does my number of participants have to be when I apply?
- When you apply, please provide us with your best estimate. You will have several opportunities to adjust your number of participants after
submitting your application. However, your final number must be received no later than 15 days prior to your festival.
- Can I register more than one performing group for the festival?
- Yes, but on peak festival dates, Trills & Thrills reserves the right to limit the number of ensembles from any one school.
- How many free adults am I entitled to?
- You will receive one free Director or Chaperone for every 10 students.
- Does the Director have to pay?
- The Director is included as one of the FREE adults you receive for every 10 students.
- If a student is in more than one performing group, do they have to pay an additional cost?
- No. Your invoice will reflect the total number of students and total number of adults attending the festival.
- What if my students have a season pass for the park?
- Students holding season passes, or who will not be entering the park for any other reason, will be charged the Festival-Only rate, which varies by park.
There will be no charge for adults holding season passes.
PERFORMANCE & ADJUDICATION:
- When do performances take place?
- For the most part, performances take place between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Can I request a performance time?
- Once you have registered for the festival, you will receive a Festival Packet that contains a form for requesting an approximate performance
time. Many factors are considered at the time assignments are made, such as travel distance, size and number of groups from each school and time
of registration. We will do our best to accommodate your request, however please keep in mind that these are just requests.
- When will I find out my performance time?
- The performance schedule will be released 4 - 6 weeks prior to the festival.
- Do we need to wear uniforms?
- Uniforms are not required. The attire of the group is left up to the discretion of each Director and will not be factored into the
Adjudicators' ratings. Please be advised, however, that changing facilities are not available at any of our performance sites.
- Where does the festival adjudication take place?
- Performances take place at local schools, churches, colleges or other performance venues located near the amusement park. Performances
do not take place in the parks.
- Will we have the opportunity to listen to other groups perform?
- Schools are welcome to arrive in advance of their scheduled performance time to view other performances. Please confirm this with your
local Site Director as some performance sites are more conducive than others to accommodating audiences.
- Are spectators allowed at the festivals?
- We define ‘spectators’ as family and friends of those participating in the festival, that drive separately to the performance site. At most
locations, spectators are welcome to attend the performances. Due to enhanced security, and limited visitor parking, spectators are not allowed
at some festival locations. In those cases, all attendees must arrive on the school-sponsored transportation for admittance to the performance
site. Feel free to contact Trills & Thrills to check the policy at your location.
- If I cannot find an original score, may I photocopy it?
- Photocopied scores are not acceptable without an accompanying letter from the publisher. Adjudicators have the right, but not the
obligation, to refuse adjudication to any group submitting photocopied scores without the written permission of the publisher.
- Do you have a required music list?
- There are no required selections. Each group performs music appropriate to their level of development.
- Will equipment be available at the performance site? If so, what?
- Music stands, chairs, piano (acoustic or electronic) and other basic concert percussion equipment are provided at each performance
site. Choral risers are usually available. Schools will need to bring electronic equipment and additional percussion equipment. Many
sites have extensive equipment available. Please check with your local Site Director.
- Will my group compete against a group from another school?
- No. Trills & Thrills Music Festivals are non-competitive meaning that your group will perform to receive a numerical rating
out of a possible 100 points.
- What are SD/SDHC cards?
- SD (Secure Digital) and SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) cards are digital flash memory cards that are about the size of a
postage stamp. If you do not have digital playback equipment at your school, you are also able to use a computer for playback. Most
newer PC's and lap tops have slots that can accept SD cards. If necessary, you can purchase a reader/writer that will convert an SD
or SDHC card to USB for about $7.00.
- Will my group receive a clinic from the Adjudicator at the end of their performance?
- No. The format of Trills & Thrills Music Festivals does not allow for a clinician to formally address each performing group.
- Can I use a credit card to make payment?
- No. Checks and money orders are the only forms of payment that we accept for our festivals. Receipt of a Purchase Order is not
considered receipt of payment.
- What is the procedure for changing my number of participants?
- Changes to group size can be made on our website. Enter site and click on Revise Group Size. Then just complete the form and submit it to us.
Make sure you let us know if you need an updated invoice sent to you in order to have your payment processed.
- Can I make final payment at the festival?
- No. Final payment is due to Trills & Thrills main office no later than 30 days prior to your festival. Payment for
last-minute additions may be made at the registration desk on the day of the festival.
- What is the payment schedule?
- Payment is divided into two installments - 60 & 30 days prior to the festival date.
- When do you need my final numbers for the festival?
- Final numbers are due 15 days prior to the festival.
PARK & TICKET INFORMATION:
- How can I find out more information about the park?
- You can obtain more information on the park via their web site. This can be accessed from the corresponding festival page of our web site.
- What happen if it rains?
- Amusement parks are generally open rain or shine. Therefore, the festival will not be postponed or cancelled due to weather.
During periods of inclement weather, parks may temporarily close some, or all, of their rides for safety reasons. Group tickets
issued to Trills & Thrills are subject to the terms and conditions set by the individual park. Some tickets are valid for
the park's entire operating season. Conversely, some tickets are valid only the day, or days, of the Trills & Thrills
festival(s). These policies are set by the individual park, NOT by Trills & Thrills. If the park is open on the day of your
festival and you decide not to visit the park for any reason, you will not receive a refund.
- Can I use the park tickets on a different day?
- Most parks issue tickets that are valid only on the day of the festival, however, some parks issue tickets that are valid
throughout their operating season. The policy of an individual park can be confirmed by contacting Trills & Thrills' main office.
- Do I need to order a park ticket(s) for my bus driver(s)?
- Some parks allow the bus driver free admission upon showing their commercial driver's license (CDL). Information regarding Driver
admission and school bus/motorcoach parking will be included on the Festival Fact Sheet that you will receive from Trills & Thrills
prior to the festival.
- Where will I pick-up my park tickets?
- You will receive your tickets at the performance site.
- Can I add students or chaperones on the day of the festival?
- At most locations, a limited number of additional tickets will be available for purchase at the festival registration desk.
- Do we need to pay for parking at the amusement park?
- Yes, any parking fees charged by the park for motorcoaches and/or school busses are the responsibility of the school and are NOT included in the festival cost.
Parking fees and forms of payment will be noted on the Festival Fact Sheet that you will receive prior to the festival.
HOTEL, TOUR & TRAVEL:
- What if I need hotel accommodations, motorcoach transportation or meals?
- Customized Services are available through Trills & Thrills. Contact one of our travel professionals for details and information.