Welcome! 2024 Festivals Apply Now! 2024 At a Glance! Performance Format Rules & Regulations General Information Questions/FAQs Customized Services Revise Group Size Day of Festival Host a Festival Contact Us Short Hills Tours Privacy Policy


Frequently Asked Questions

Before I Apply

No, there is no separate Application Fee. There is, however, a non-refundable deposit required in order to process your Registration but the deposit will be credited to your final balance.

When you apply, please provide us with your best estimate. You will have several opportunities to adjust your number of participants after submitting your application. However, your final number must be received no later than 15 days prior to your festival.

Yes, but on peak festival dates, Trills & Thrills reserves the right to limit the number of ensembles from any one school.

You will receive one free Director or Chaperone for every 10 students.

The Director is included as one of the FREE adults you receive for every 10 students.

No. Your invoice will reflect the total number of students and total number of adults attending the festival.

Students holding season passes will be charged the Festival-Only rate of $26.00. There is charge for adults holding season passes. Please do not include chaperones with season passes in any of the group size numbers you provide us. They should not appear on your festival invoice.

Performance & Adjudication

For the most part, performances take place between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm.

Once you have registered for the festival, you will receive a Festival Packet that contains a form for requesting an approximate performance time. Many factors are considered at the time assignments are made, such as travel distance, size and number of groups from each school and time of registration. We will do our best to accommodate your request, however please keep in mind that these are just requests.

The performance schedule will be released 4 - 6 weeks prior to the festival.

Uniforms are not required. The attire of the group is left up to the discretion of each Director and will not be factored into the 'Adjudicators' ratings. Please be advised, however, that changing facilities are not available at any of our performance sites.

Performances take place at local schools, churches, colleges or other performance venues located near the amusement park. Performances do not take place in the parks.

Schools are welcome to arrive in advance of their scheduled performance time to view other performances. Please confirm this with your local Site Director as some performance sites are more conducive than others to accommodating audiences.

We define ‘spectators’ as family and friends of those participating in the festival, that drive separately to the performance site. At most locations, spectators are welcome to attend the performances. Due to enhanced security, and limited visitor parking, spectators are not allowed at some festival locations. In those cases, all attendees must arrive on the school-sponsored transportation for admittance to the performance site. Feel free to contact Trills & Thrills to check the policy at your location.

Photocopied scores are not acceptable without an accompanying letter from the publisher. Adjudicators have the right, but not the obligation, to refuse adjudication to any group submitting photocopied scores without the written permission of the publisher.

There are no required selections. Each group performs music appropriate to their level of development.

Music stands, chairs, piano (acoustic or electronic) and other basic concert percussion equipment are provided at each performance site. Choral risers are usually available. Schools will need to bring electronic equipment and additional percussion equipment. Many sites have extensive equipment available. Please check with your local Site Director.

No. Trills & Thrills Music Festivals are non-competitive meaning that your group will perform to receive a numerical rating out of a possible 100 points.

SD (Secure Digital) and SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) cards are digital flash memory cards that are about the size of a postage stamp. If you do not have digital playback equipment at your school, you are also able to use a computer for playback. Most newer PC's and lap tops have slots that can accept SD cards. If necessary, you can purchase a reader/writer that will convert an SD or SDHC card to USB for about $7.00.

No. The format of Trills & Thrills Music Festivals does not allow for a clinician to formally address each performing group.


No. ACH transfers, checks and money orders are the only forms of payment that we accept for the festivals.

Changes to group size can be made on our website. Enter site and click on Revise Group Size. Then just complete the form and submit it to us. Make sure you let us know if you need an updated invoice sent to you in order to have your payment processed.

No. Final payment is due to Trills & Thrills main office no later than 30 days prior to your festival. Payment for last-minute additions may be made at the registration desk on the day of the festival.

Payment is divided into two installments - 60 & 30 days prior to the festival date.

Final numbers are due 15 days prior to the festival.

Park & Ticket Information

You can obtain more information on the park via their web site. This can be accessed from the corresponding festival page of our web site.

Amusement parks are generally open rain or shine. Therefore, the festival will not be postponed or cancelled due to weather. During periods of inclement weather, parks may temporarily close some, or all, of their rides for safety reasons. Group tickets issued to Trills & Thrills are subject to the terms and conditions set by the individual park. Some tickets are valid for the park's entire operating season. Conversely, some tickets are valid only the day, or days, of the Trills & Thrills festival(s). These policies are set by the individual park, NOT by Trills & Thrills. If the park is open on the day of your festival and you decide not to visit the park for any reason, you will not receive a refund.

Most parks issue tickets that are valid only on the day of the festival, however, some parks issue tickets that are valid throughout their operating season. The policy of an individual park can be confirmed by contacting Trills & Thrills' main office.

Some parks allow the bus driver free admission upon showing their commercial driver's license (CDL). Information regarding Driver admission and school bus/motorcoach parking will be included on the Festival Fact Sheet that you will receive from Trills & Thrills prior to the festival.

You will receive your tickets at the performance site.

At most locations, a limited number of additional tickets will be available for purchase at the festival registration desk.

Yes, any parking fees charged by the park for motorcoaches and/or school busses are the responsibility of the school and are NOT included in the festival cost. Parking fees and forms of payment will be noted on the Festival Fact Sheet that you will receive prior to the festival.

Hotel, Tour & Travel

Customized Services are available through Trills & Thrills. Contact one of our travel professionals for details and information.

©Copyright 2023 Trills & Thrills