Host a Trills & Thrills Festival
Becoming a Trills & Thrills Site Director and hosting a festival can be an effective fundraiser for you, your school and your music program.
To be considered for a Site Director position, you must be able to provide AT MINIMUM:
- A school or performance venue within 30 minutes of the amusement park
- An auditorium (preferred) or multi-function room with the capacity to accommodate a large orchestra (up to 100 pieces)
- Access to the facility on the day of the festival from approximately 7:30 am to 1:00 pm, depending on the number of groups registered.
- An adequate number of chairs and music stands in performance area
- Separate warm-up room with chairs
- Sufficient parking for motorcoaches/school busses at performance site
- Basic concert percussion equipment (timpani, xylophone, bass drum and chimes)
- Acoustic piano (tuned)
- Choral risers or tiered stage for choral groups
- Easy access to electrical outlets in performance area
Piano in warm-up room, microphones, Director's podium, snare drums, bongos, congas, temple blocks, bell tree, vibraphone, bell set, marimba, CD player and tape player
Site Director's responsibilities include:
- Securing a suitable performance site for the scheduled festival dates
- Locating and hiring adjudicators with strong backgrounds in music education
- Creating the performance schedule for your festival
- Communicating with Directors from schools registered (performing schedules, directions to your performance site, available equipment at your site, etc.)
- Securing sufficient adult and student staff to assist on the day of the festival
- Executing a professional, well-run festival that you would be proud to take your own students to
If you would like more information on becoming a Trills & Thrills Site Director, contact Greg Dennis at (888) 487-4557, or via email at email@example.com.